Happy Friday to YOU!
I'm super excited that this week has come to a long awaited close.
Our week has been filled with meetings, appointments, and lots of learning!
I've been tagged! :)
Here are the rules...
1. You must post the rules.2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them.
All About Me...
1. I'm a city girl who grew up in the country.
2. I'm the baby of four girls.
3. I started teaching high school math at age 20.
4. I absolutely love being a mom of daughters.
5. My hubby is an engineer and my students are convinced we only talk about math.
6. I very rarely cook...and if I do it's totally from a box.
7. It's been almost a year since I stopped drinking beverages with carbonation.
8. Scrapbooking is my favorite hobby.
9. My kitchen is lime green with black, white, and red accents. (I have this same color theme in my classroom!)
10. Sunday is my favorite day of the week...love to worship with my family!
11. My favorite course to teach is precalculus...the trigonometry is absolutely dreamy. :)
12. My toes are always painted...usually red...but sometimes hot pink.
The sweet Heather from Loose Shoelaces tagged me with these fun questions...
1. What has been the most memorable lesson you have taught?My first and last unprepared lesson! I walked into student teaching without a game plan for teaching systems of equations. It bombed! And my cooperating teacher didn't save me. It was the best thing she could have ever done for me. :) I vowed to never be unprepared again!2. What's a scent that triggers a memory for you?
apple pie...reminds me of my grandma
3. What's your favorite movie?
4. What's do you usually bring for lunch to school?
Smart Ones Teriyaki Chicken5. Do you prefer student led conferences or traditional parent teacher conferences?
traditional...I'm a bit of a control freak6. Do you drink Starbucks? What's your usual order?
pumpkin loaf and a venti ice water with extra ice
7. What's your cell phone ring tone?
8. How often do you check your blogs that you follow?
at least weekly
9. What's your favorite recipe you like to bring to parties?
a Village Inn pie10. What's a TV show that you loved growing up?
Dukes of Hazard
11. Target or Walmart?
Walmart (they pay my bills...hubby works at the home office in produce replenishment)12. How many students do you have in your class?
I teach three sections...21, 24, and 17 students respectively...62 students total. ;)
The lovely Lauren from Life in Middle School tagged me with these fun questions...
1. Favorite Color?
2. Favorite School Subject?
math (of course!)
3. Favorite Classroom Management Technique?
4. Favorite School Lesson?
Law of Sines
5. Least favorite school "chore"
6. Apple or Android
apple (I tried Android and failed miserably!)
7. Money not being an object... Dream Car?
any Toyota SUV
8. Favorite restaurant to eat a fancy dinner at?
Ruth's Chris (salmon, please!)
Questions for my blog friends...1. How long have you been teaching?
2. What is your favorite grade to teach?
3. Favorite quote?
4. What's on your playlist?
5. Favorite clothing store?
6. Shoes...cute, comfort, or both?
7. Mountains or beach?
8. Coffee or tea?
9. How do you spend the summer vacation?
10. Most recent addiction?
11. Does your classroom have a theme?
12. What's your favorite technology item in your classroom?
I can't wait to read fun facts from the following bloggers...
Middle School Math Rules
The Resource(ful) Room
For the Love of Teaching Math
One Extra Degree
Hope you have a fabulous weekend...make it count!